Monday, January 11, 2010

The difference a day can make

About twice a month I get to spend a long weekend with Madelynn. I'm fortunate to work for an establishment that sees the value in flex scheduling. And I'm even more fortunate to have a boss that fully supports taking advantage of this policy. So, several times a month I condense my work week into four days so that I can spend an extra day with Madelynn. (And considering that I'm working more and more from home- I thoroughly enjoy these days). I call them "Mom and Madelynn Mondays". We don't necessarily do anything special- we just get to hang out. And this one extra day with her seems to make a big difference in our relationship... I feel less guilty about being a working mom; I feel more involved in her day to day car; and she clings to me more (and I don't mind one bit). So, until we win the lottery- I will continue to still every Monday I can for Madelynn.