That's right... It's Birthday time for the Aligs. Ms. Madelynn officially turned 1 yesterday. We had a birthday party for her last Saturday. I had a great time, and lets face it- the first birthday is more of a celebration that the parents made it through the first year. And in birthday tradition, Madelynn got her own cake. She was very lady like and hardly made a mess, despite my attempts to "help."
During "birthday week" we learned that a balloon can be your best friend.
During "birthday week" we learned that a balloon can be your best friend.
We continued with Birthday celebrations yesterday. Okay... we had pictures taken; got the booster for the H1N1 and then headed home. So, I guess we didn't exactly burn the house down celebrating. But we did have round two with the cake. This time we were old pros at it, and Mom learned how to get icing out of a nose (a skill that I'm sure will come in handy).
I can't believe how big she has gotten and what a little person she has become. She is so smart and funny. I never knew that a baby could have a sense of humor! I am utterly dazzled by her! Thank you to everyone who helped us celebrate Madelynn's first birthday- we know that December is a busy time.
